Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

26 weeks - ALREADY!

At 26 weeks I am to take the required gestational diabetes test. You know the one where you have to drink pure sugar within five minutes, wait an hour to have 5 tubes of blood taken from you. Oh, and did I mention you have to fast the night before. I did pretty good considering the blood tech thought she only needed to take one tube of blood. When she removed the needle and put a Garfield band-aid on my arm she said, "Okay, sweetie you can go now." I said, "Are you sure?" She then apologized for not reading the paper work properly. OUCH!!! I was told I will get the results by next week.
After my blood work I went for my routine prenatal visit. All of my vital signs are good. I am still gaining the normal pregnancy weight. The dude was kicking really hard while we heard his strong heart beating. My next visit is scheduled for the beginning of September. I finally agree this pregnancy is going by really fast.

1 comment:

*susy* said...

ha! i actually have to do the math when you write 26 weeks....hhmmmm that means (26/4...carry the...) oh, that means you're like 6.5. hehehe. sorry, just had two cups of caffeine.