Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2006

"I'm not a role model."

Charles Barkley, the Sir Charles was on the Daily Show promoting his book –now on paperback- "Who's Afraid of a Large Black Man?" I admire Charles Barkley for speaking his mind with no regret/s....
And he is hilarious. I have actually met him very brief when he played for the Rockets, back in the day at a nightclub. Imagine me approaching him; if you know me, it was somewhat funny. He was surrounded by people, at the bar smoking a cigar. And I just said Hi. Yep, very brief, but awesome for me. You have to love his quotes, take a peak here.

• I love New York City; I've got a gun.
• I don't care what people think. People are stupid.
• If all babies are cute, how come there's so many ugly people in the world?
• I heard Tonya Harding is calling herself the Charles Barkley of figure skating. I was going to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized I have no character.
• These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
• (Charles in response to Kenny Smith's jokes about his weight) I am not fat, it's the camera, it puts on 10 pounds. (Kenny Smith) Well, there must be a whole lot of cameras!
• People who use computers, they stupid
• My name is Charles Barkley, i used to be a great basketball player, now i'm just an old fat assed guy.
• Sports are not for old guys, this ain't baseball.
• I voice my opinion if people don't like it they know what they can kiss.
• I don't use numbers, I use logic.
• People always ask me if i had any regrets in my career, remember when I threw that guy out the window, I regret I was on the first floor""

No comments: