Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shuffle up and Deal


chipscards
Originally uploaded by mister milkbone.

My husband and his friend (he shall remain nameless) decided to build a poker table from scratch. They started Sunday and been working hard on this project all week. From the pictures I’ve seen and the late night discussions of blood shed, sweat, and flying sawdust. {insert rocky theme song} I am very proud and impressed. We are hosting a No Limit TX Hold ‘Em tournament tomorrow night to showcase the “Sweet Ass” table. It’s going to be fun. And I promise I won’t spill my beer! Well, kind of... no, I promise!

Wow. I never thought I would become so addicted to such a game like poker. About a year and six months ago I went along with Chad to watch him play a tournament for the first time and think to myself with a bit of an attitude. I can do that. I can try that. If I had those pocket cards I would’ve played that! I was horrible in the beginning, trying to remember who deals, bet-check-raise, big blind-small blind... yadda, yadda, yadda. I did discover though, if I don’t drink early in the game I can actually learn something and stay focused. I'm a much better player now and I’m sure its helped tremendously with us hosting a game nearly every weekend. But only cash games with an occasional tournament.

Good luck to me, beotches!!

No comments: