Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2006

4 neat things about Houston

I’ve been tagged by Goferboy’s 4 neat things about his hometown of Cincinnati.... “WKRP in Cincinnati!!!” Sorry, I couldn’t resist myself.

#1 Authentic Mexican Food & Margaritas
From inexpensive Taqueria (taco stands) to expensive Tex Mex gourmet restaurants in the surrounding area.

100% Taquito
A very cheap place to grab a bite and have a Corona before you hit the bars in the Village.

Pappasitos
Yes, I know it’s a chain, but damn their fajitas are so juicy and the service is one of the main reasons I go back for more - sizzzzzzle

El Tiempo Cantina
In my opinion, this place is over priced for the kind of pretentious service you receive, for example they make you feel you should be privileged to be in their restaurant. I am sucker, sometimes. The food is always delicious and the margaritas are strong! I always recommend the Don Julio margarita on the rocks with salt, please.

Ninfias on Navigation
Good food. Good ritas. Very good homemade tortillas!


#2 Art/Culture/Museums

The Menil Collection is located in the Montrose area.

Houston Museum of Natural Science

The Museum of Fine Arts
& Children's Museum

Oh and NASA Johnson Space Center


#3 Sports Franchise

Houston Astros
Houston Rockets
Houston Texans


#4 The Hidden Treasure

St. Arnolds Brewery Tour

No comments: